This post is intentionally for my record keeping, because I have a few brands of CDs now and I noticed each one have quite a different washing setting, but generally speaking they are the same. So just in case I forgot or I need to get someone to help me with handling the CDs, this post would be helpful!
1. Rumparooz (http://www.kangacare.com/Wash-and-Care.html)
|Hybrid Shells||All-in-One Diapers & Soaker Pads|
3. bumGenius (http://www.bumgenius.com/customer-support/)
If the diaper has hook & loop closures, secure the laundry tabs.
Pre-wash cold to remove waste and fight stains.
Wash hot (140F/60C) with bumGenius detergent to cleanse your diapers.
Follow with a second rinse.
Line-dry covers and diaper shells. Tumble dry inserts, fitteds and prefolds.
4. Charlie Banana (https://www.charliebanana.com/Care-Instructions_ep_50-1.html)
Knock solids into the toilet and shake or rinse off any residue. Remove the washable insert and store both diaper and insert in either a dry diaper pail or a pail of water until ready for washing. Wash in cold or warm water to a maximum of 40C. Use any eco-friendly detergent, only half of the recommended amount is needed. Do not use fabric softener or bleach. Tumble dry on low or hang to dry.
From the list above, it is obviously seen that most diapers in my stash can be washed in hot – not exceeding 60degC though, except the Charlie Banana’s and the Grovia AIO newborn diapers..I still need more research on the temperature setting for Grovia since the website suggests WARM setting. Since I only have 6 CB diapers so it would be quite easy for me to just ensure that whenever I’m using it, the dirty ones be put in a separate pail so it will be washed separately.
On the detergent point of view, I have soapnuts and Waitrose (non-bio), and there’s a few other non-bio (or at least Tide Original – 1/4 cup) that I can find quite easily here too, so for now I think I’ll stick to that.
Ok so here’s the routine I think I will do for my cloth diapers (except for CB) using my non HE machine:
1. Pre rinse with Rinse+Spin, adding Extra Rinse = ~ 30 mins (no detergent), or I could opt for Quick Wash setting = ~ 22 mins). My machine doesn’t have “no spin” setting, if not it will be great as if I stop at rinse only, the diapers will get wet and heavy!
2. Wash hot (Cotton 60degC), Intensive Wash (Heavy Duty), Extra Rinse with detergent = 1:50 – 2++ hours for full load. For warm wash, I’d go with 40degC.
3. Cold rinse with Rinse+Spin = ~ 15 mins, maybe with Extra Rinse too
And then SMELL them! I don’t own a dryer but it’s fine since we have abundance of SUN in the Middle East, so I’ll just line dry them under the sun, so washing will have to be done the first thing in the morning, every other day. In the winter (Nov – Mar) the daytime is shorter so need to fully utilize the sun. Other than that, especially in summer, I think the drying will be just excellent!
Another thing that needs extra attention is on water hardness. We have hard water here but I know some mamas in the UAE with some routine and detergent they use, so will see how it goes for me!
And for now let’s just concentrate on the late third trimester pregnancy !